MOSAC2 PDI 2021 is November 19 – 21
We are planning to be in person for the 2021 MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute!
We look forward to seeing you at the Lodge of Four Seasons in November 2021!
Before you register
You are required to enter a valid MOPD ID when you register for the MOSAC2 PDI
- Refund Policy: Cancel by October 15th, receive full refund minus $25 processing fee. If canceling after October 15th, no refund will be issued. If event is postponed by MASN or Lodge of the Four Seasons, registration fees will be carried over to the rescheduled event. If a registered participant cannot attend the conference due to their own circumstances (positive Covid diagnosis, Covid exposure, family emergency, etc.), a program will be allowed to substitute another staff person at no additional cost.
What is the MOSAC Professional Development Institute (PDI)?
The annual MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute is tailored to meet the unique needs of afterschool professionals
- Increase knowledge regarding youth development
- Increase resources for programming ideas
- Increase skills for working with staff, youth, and families of afterschool programs
- Increase networking opportunities with other afterschool professionals to promote collaboration in the community
PDI 2020 – Extraordinary Moments
- Held virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions
PDI 2019 – I am…
- Lake of the Ozarks at Lodge of Four Seasons
PDI 2018 – Adventure Awaits: Afterschool
- Lake of the Ozarks at Lodge of Four Seasons
PDI 2017 – Beyond the Elements
- Independence, MO at Stoney Creek Inn
PDI 2016 – The Super Power of Yet
- St. Louis, MO at Hilton Frontenac
PDI 2015 – After 3PM: Makin’ It Matter
- Springfield, MO at University Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
- Kansas City, MO at Holiday Inn CoCo Key Sports Complex and Indoor Waterpark
PDI 2013 – AfterSchool Rocks!
- Columbia, MO at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center
PDI 2012: Hilton Frontenac, St. Louis
PDI 2011: Springfield
PDI 2010: Marriott Downtown, Kansas City
PDI 2009: Doubletree, Chesterfield
PDI 2008: University Plaza, Springfield
PDI 2007: Hyatt Regency, Kansas City
PDI 2006: Double Tree, Chesterfield
PDI 2005: Clarion Hotel, Kansas City
History of MOSAC2 and the MOSAC2 PDI
For over thirty years, the MOSAC2 Annual Professional Development Institute has provided high quality professional development to afterschool professionals working with children and youth in a variety of out-of-school time settings.
The Missouri School Age Community Coalition was originally known as the Missouri School Age Care Coalition and was a stand-alone 501c3 organization until 2015.
“Drawing together a diverse group of SAC professionals from Missouri and Kansas for the purpose of coalition-building, the National School Age Child Care Alliance presented a training seminar at Penn Valley Community College in October 1992. As a result of this workshop, the Missouri SAC Task Force was convened and, in November 1992, at the Missouri School Age Child Care Institute, a coalition initiative was undertaken. With the adoption of a Mission Statement and the election of officers in January 1993, the Missouri School Age Care Coalition became a reality.”
— Quote from Membership Brochure – circa 1995
The Bylaws state that MOSAC2 was organized November 20, 1992. The Mission as stated in 1992-1997 was: The Missouri School Age Care Coalition will serve as an advocate to improve and expand the quality, availability, and professional status of School Age Child Care statewide, through the promotion of:
- Training/Professional Development
- Public Awareness
- Legislative Process
- Community Collaboration
As part of a Strategic Planning Session, the following was adopted in 1997: The Mission of the Missouri School Age Care Coalition is to support and unify professionals in providing quality out of school programs.
In 2005, MOSAC2 changed their name to the Missouri School Age Community Coalition.
In 2015, the MOSAC2 Board of Directors merged with the Missouri AfterSchool Network’s (MASN) Steering Committee to form a new Afterschool Leadership Team. The newly combined Afterschool Leadership Team continues the tradition of working with local conference committees to host an educational and engaging annual event!
The MOSAC2 PDI provides high quality education sessions for attendees and meets the requirements of the Youth Development Credential. MOSAC2’s PDI workshops meet the Missouri and Kansas Core Competencies for Youth Development Professionals and identify the level of training for participants. Presenters are requested to submit information to the Missouri Professional Development Registry and RFP’s are submitted to state licensing agencies for approval for training hours.