November 15-17, 2019
Lodge of Four Seasons
315 Four Seasons Drive
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
The 2019 MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute committee is working to provide a broad scope of educational sessions to meet the needs of afterschool professionals in Missouri and the Midwest region. The information requested in the Request for Proposal enables the educational sessions/workshops to meet the requirements of various governing/regulating bodies and requests details needed to complete the DHSS Training Approval process.
The committee is seeking well-organized sessions/workshops with clear objectives, cultural diversity, and opportunities for active participation, and relevancy to quality out-of-school time programs to meet the professional development needs of staff members new to the field, those with experience, and administrators.
Before submitting your 2019 MOSAC PDI Request for Proposal, you must agree to the following guidelines:
Workshop Session Content & Scheduling
- All workshops are noncommercial and not promotional opportunities. Presenter(s) will not solicit any business or promote products or services during the workshop session.
- Workshop sessions are 1.25 hours in length on Friday and Saturday.
- Extended sessions will be for 2.5 hours on Saturday morning. Please plan to give your attendees a short 15 minute break during the extended session.
- Sunday morning will feature 30 minute Spark Sessions.
- All presenters must have a MOPD ID (www.mopdid.org).
- Each session must have at least one Core Competency statement (Core Competencies)
- MOSAC² reserves the right to modify titles and descriptions to meet the needs of the PDI program brochure.
- Presenters must be available to be scheduled on each of the 3 days if necessary. We may not be able to accommodate specific requests for workshop time slots.
- Presenters who are also exhibiting will not be scheduled immediately before or after the exhibitor break on Saturday afternoon.
Workshop Materials and Supplies
- All materials and supplies will be provided by the presenter for the capacity of the workshop room.
- Presenters should supply at least a minimum of 30 copies of handouts for each session.
- Only the lead presenter will be contacted by the MOSAC² planning committee.
- It is the sole responsibility of the main presenter to communicate any pertinent workshop information and/or conference updates directly to co-presenters and/or panel members.
- Wireless internet is accessible throughout the hotel.
- Only LCD projectors, power strips, and screens will be provided in each room.
- Computer equipment and additional audio visual equipment are the responsibility of the presenters. Presenters must provide their own laptops, DVD players, CD players , speakers, flip charts/makers, etc.
Travel and Other Conference Related Costs
- All Presenters will be required to register for the MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute if you plan to attend the conference beyond your presentation.
- The lead presenters and one additional presenter will receive a $75 discount off of the registration rate. If a presenter has already registered for the conference, the $75 discount will be credited back to his/her registration. The discount code will be provided at the end of the RFP submission.
- Any Presenter who attends just to do their presentation may choose not to register for the conference (thereby waiving the presenter discount). He/she will receive one meal ticket for the day of the presentation.
- A presenter who is also exhibiting will have access to Friday and Saturday meals as part of their exhibiting fee.
- Travel, lodging, materials, and other conference related costs will be covered by the presenter.
- I understand that not abiding by the above guidelines will jeopardize my standing as a presenter for this conference as well as future MOSAC² or MASN events.