Beyond the Elements
November 17-19, 2017
Stoney Creek Inn
18011 Bass Pro Drive
Independence, MO 64055
The 2017 MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute committee is working to provide a broad scope of educational sessions to meet the needs of afterschool professionals in Missouri and the Midwest region. The information requested in the Request for Proposal enables the educational sessions/workshops to meet the requirements of various governing/regulating bodies and requests details needed to complete the DHSS Training Approval process.
The committee is seeking well-organized sessions/workshops with clear objectives, cultural diversity, and opportunities for active participation, and relevancy to quality out-of-school time programs to meet the professional development needs of staff members new to the field, those with experience, and administrators.
Before submitting your 2017 MOSAC PDI Request for Proposal, you must agree to the following guidelines:
Workshop Session Content & Scheduling
- All workshops are noncommercial and not promotional opportunities. Presenter(s) will not solicit any business or promote products or services during the workshop session.
- Workshop sessions are 1.5 hours in length so please plan accordingly.
- All presenters must have a MOPD ID (www.mopdid.org).
- Each session must have at least one Core Competency statement (Core Competencies)
- MOSAC² reserves the right to modify titles and descriptions to meet the needs of the PDI program brochure.
- Presenters must be available to be scheduled on each of the 3 days if necessary. We may not be able to accommodate specific requests for workshop time slots.
- Presenters who are also exhibiting will not be scheduled immediately before or after the Exhibitor Marketplace on Saturday afternoon.
Workshop Materials and Supplies
- All handouts and materials will be provided by presenter for capacity of the workshop room.
- Presenters should supply at least a minimum of 30 copies of handouts for each session.
- Only the lead presenter will be contacted by the MOSAC² planning committee.
- It is the sole responsibility of the main presenter to communicate any pertinent workshop information and/or conference updates directly to co-presenters and/or panel members.
- Wireless internet is accessible throughout the hotel.
- Only LCD projectors, power strips, and screens will be provided in each room.
- Computer equipment and additional audio visual equipment are the responsibility of the presenters. Presenters must provide their own laptops, DVD players, CD players , speakers, flip charts/makers, etc.
Travel and Other Conference Related Costs
- All Presenters will be required to register for the MOSAC2 Professional Development Institute if you plan to attend the conference beyond your presentation.
- Lead presenters will receive a $75 discount off of the registration rate. Presenters will be sent a special registration link once their proposal has been reviewed. Presenters that submit their proposals by the “early bird” registration deadline will be given an additional week past the normal expiration date to register at the early bird rates.
- Any Presenter who attends just to do their presentation may choose not to register for the conference (thereby waiving the presenter discount). He/she will receive one meal ticket for the day of the presentation, if a meal is served that day.
- Presenters who are also exhibiting will have access to all Friday and Saturday meals as part of their exhibiting fee, but will not be able to attend sessions unless registered for the conference.
- Travel, lodging, materials, and other conference related costs will be covered by the presenter.
- I understand that not abiding by the above guidelines will jeopardize my standing as a presenter for this conference as well as future MOSAC² or MASN events.